Sunday, October 23, 2022

Blog Post #1

My Top Five Sources of News and Information


My first source of news and information is Kare 11. Kare 11 is a local news station from my home state, Minnesota. It covers everything from the weather to local stories, to major events in Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the U.S. I often watched Kare 11 in the evening as a child, so it is kind of a comfort channel for me. Knowing what is happening in my community and how that relates to the rest of the world is very important and informative. Even though watching a news program takes a longer time than reading a short article, I enjoy listening to news reporters from my area explain relevant events. 




TikTok is another place I get news and information. Oftentimes, I get pop culture news and random celebrity content, but I also get more important news from TikTok too. On occasion, I find out breaking news or global happenings from viral videos or news-focused content creators. I enjoy finding out information this way because it is often in a creative or entertaining format. However, the validity and reliability of TikTok as a news source are not exactly optimal.







Another social media outlet I use for news and information is Snapchat. Snapchat has "stories" on various channels that give me current and frequently updated information and global news. I can keep up with pop culture references, political scandals, and current events all within a matter of a few minutes each day. I also get information from posts by my friends and family on Snapchat, which keeps me up to date with their lives and how they perceive world events. 




The New York Times is another source of information and news that I rely on. I play the New York Times mini-game "Wordle" almost every single day. This leads me to look at their news articles, crossword puzzles, etc. I enjoy doing the crosswords because I typically learn something about history, pop culture, and current events through completing them. Then I'm prompted to do more research on those topics by reading the related news articles on their website. It makes research and new information more fun and intriguing to me. 






Friends and family are my last source of news and information. This is the source I rely most heavily on. When something of importance happens at HPU, our community, or the world, I typically find out about it from my friends or family first. While this may not seem like the best source of information, it often leads me to do more research on my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Final Post - My Relationship with Technology Technology is something that I have always been fascinated with. From a young age, my father in...